Can your business afford to be totally reliant on Office365?
It's all too easy to fall into the trap of believing that because your email is in the cloud, it is completely safe, no matter what.
MailStore Server helps you to reduce your reliance on one provider by creating
a perfect copy of every email conversation, untampered with, encrypted, safe from malware attacks, corruption and loss.
From accidental deletion to the rising trend in malware attacks, total reliance on a single vendor poses significant risks for any growing business.
Secure, platform-independent archiving at the source, mitigates these risks and provides that peace of mind you have a perfect copy of all communications.
Advantages to Archiving Email from Office 365 or G Mail
- Protects against data loss - all emails are archived before delivery to user.
- Eliminates the concern of mailbox quotas
- Reduce Storage Costs - Saves up to 70% storage space
- Fast, easy full-text searching of email and attachments - no administrator required
- Improves performance of Outlook - manage your mailbox sizes without limiting what's accessible to users
In addition to SMTP and POP3 proxy functions that the old MailStore Proxy provided the new FREE MailStore Gateway is a free complimentary tool that provides a simple email server that allows Journal email from cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite to be easily archived.
MailStore Gateway offers SMTP and POP3 proxy functionality, along with simple mail server functionality for receiving and storing emails from Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite and other email servers that can send emails to external archiving solutions via SMTP. As such, MailStore Gateway is a convenient way to easily set up and maintain secure mailboxes that act as destinations for journal and archiving rules. With MailStore Gateway, journal and archiving mailboxes of third-party providers are no longer necessary.
All emails stored in MailStore Gateway's mailboxes are protected by strong hybrid encryption. The mailboxes' passwords represent the passphrases for the private keys of the asymmetric part of the hybrid encryption. This implies that without the correct mailbox password, no data can ever be decrypted.
Additionally, MailStore Gateway does not allow user names or passwords to be transferred over an unencrypted connection. The remote server for proxied connections must support implicit (SMTPS, POP3S) or explicit (SMTP+STARTTLS, POP3+STARTTLS) encryption.
- SMTP server to receive emails from other email servers (e.g. Office 365, G Suite, etc.)
- SMTP & POP3 proxy
- POP3 server that allows MailStore Server and the MailStore SPE to archive emails from MailStore Gateway via a standard mail retrieval protocol
- Secure by design
- Strong passwords enforced
- No unencrypted connections supported
- Strong encryption at rest; no access to data without mailbox password
MailStore Gateway is supported by the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (1607 or higher)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 (Essentials, Standard, Datacenter)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (Essentials, Standard, Datacenter)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (Foundation, Essentials, Standard, Datacenter)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (Foundation, Essentials, Standard, Datacenter)
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Foundation, Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter)
The Management Console supports the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox